[opencms-dev] Can templateone really provide e-mail sending?

Robert Petermeier robert2.0 at gmx.de
Thu May 5 15:50:47 CEST 2005

Domenico De Seta schrieb:

> do you mean I have to use my e-mail client account settings? I was
> thinking that since the recommend message has to be sent by the Opencms
> server it was necessary to properly configure “its” mail server…
                                                 ^^^
That's where you are making a wrong assumption. OpenCms does not come
with its own mailserver (why should it, anyway). It has built-in support
for _sending_ emails to an external mail server. (By 'external' I mean
that it is a different program, it can of course be run on the same box
as OpenCms.)

This can be a server maintained by your provider, or let's say a linux
box running postfix or whatever which is maintained by you or your company.

Bye,
Robert