[opencms-dev] Can templateone really provide e-mail sending?

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Mon May 9 01:17:31 CEST 2005

"Domenico De Seta" <domenico.deseta at tiscali.it> writes:

> -          I have Opencms installed on a “machine” running the Microsoft
> IIS 5.0 web server;
> -          This machine has a SMTP service running on it, therefore it
> should be able to “send” e-mail messages (is this correct?), e.g.  using
> information provided by Opencms, according to your

How should I know, if your machine can send e-mails and,
more important, if your e-mails will be accepted by any
other MTAs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smtp#Example_SMTP_communication

Maybe this works, maybe not.

|<mail>
|    <mailfrom>domenico.deseta at tiscali.it</mailfrom>
|    <mailhost name="127.0.0.1" />
|</mail>

>           in place of  :   “nobody at nowhere.com”  and  "my.smtp.server" .
> I tried to use various valid e-mail accounts, unsuccessfully.

Servlet container restart after change?
Which settings?
Did you actually try the settings from your account used for Outlook?

Just to be sure: OpenCms version >= 6 beta 1?

> Specifically to Andreas Zahner:
>
> I see that you are the author of “CmsHtmlMail.java” class: I think you
> can add very helpful comments to the ongoing discussion I rose on the
> subject.

Why don't you use these examples, write a simple Java program
and send an e-mail from your machine so you can verify your settings?

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/email/examples.html

Regards,
Thomas