[opencms-dev] Link modules to sites

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Tue May 24 00:19:01 CEST 2005

Chris wrote:

> I am trying to install a new site by taking my classes and templates
and loading them into a new mdoule that I created.

Hi Chris,

Ok, which classes and templates are you loading into your module :-)?

Usually you use modules for creating templates and elements under the
template and elements folder of your module, like templateone module,
you can also upload / syncronize other java resources (jar files /
servlets) into the lib or resources folder of a module and register them
into web.xml of the opencms webapp, so that u can use them from your
templates.

As a starting point it would be a good idea to read through Alkacon's
Developer Documentation and have a look into cvs source or buy the
opencmsbook, which is written for the 5th version, but covers the basic
concepts and ideas behind opencms.

HTH.

Best Regards,
Arash