[opencms-dev] Problems using italian locale

Domenico De Seta domenico.deseta at tiscali.it
Tue May 24 09:44:39 CEST 2005

Hello,

after adding Italian locale for the Workplace I see this problem: if in
the Preferences I select “Italian” as the Workplace language all wording
in the Workplace correctly shows up in Italian, but if I open
it_page.html (using locale “it”) for editing the browser issues an error
message such as:

Error: ‘text’ undefined.
Code: 0
"http://...../opencms/system/worplace/editors/editor_main.jsp?resource=/
demopages/languagedemo/it_page.html"http://...../opencms/system/worplace
/editors/editor_main.jsp?resource=/demopages/languagedemo/it_page.html

After this error Opencms workplace hangs up and I have to close its
window and log in again.

A secon problem with this italian locale page is that when I look at it
in the browser (IE6) only the accessible version is displayed correctly:
the classic version appears as if all the styles of templateone are
missing. The navigation as well is all messed up, with the navigation
elements being listed alltogether at the bottom of the page.

P.S:

The page it_page.html I created is simply a sibling of the demo
en_page.html with the locale property set to “it” instead of “en”

Dom