[opencms-dev] TemplateOne questions

ark-d at betasystems.com ark-d at betasystems.com
Thu Jun 2 14:53:12 CEST 2005

Joe,

> 3. In OpenCMS 5 you could see the system folder in the VFS and edit
> templates there.
>     I've logged in as Admin, but I can't see the system folder. How do
> I actually edit the template?

change to the sites root ( / ) from the sites dropdown box, if you can't
see the sites root as admin, then you have to make  a new installtion.

> 2. If I want to set up the test site in a way that some test users only
> see one folder,
>     how do I this? Is this the purpose of the 'microsite' folder?

with permissions you can allow. disallow users to see a folder or not.

How best do I copy the TemplateOne template so I also have an
> unedited copy?
>     I found on the list archive other people asking this question, but
> no answers!

what do you mean with "unedited copy" ?

if you want to clone templateone create a new module and copy all resources
under templateone to your module and modify the manifest.xml of your module
to have the xmlcontent definitions etc.. as templateone.

HTH,

Best Regards,
Arash Kaffamanesh