[opencms-dev] No clipboard in page-editor with Firefox :(

Wolfgang Winzer wwinzer at ka-dus.de
Tue Jun 7 11:34:20 CEST 2005

Anatol wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>

>> [...]
>>
>> Just curious: does the Java applet for uploading files to the VFS
>> work with your firefox? (mine doesn't)
>

> Yes that works very fine :-) Which JAVA Version are you using? I've
> Java 1.5. installed. And my firefox is the german version 1.0.4 ..

Okay, forget about that one, works fine from any other machine, so
nothing to worry about.

>> Curious again:  How do you edit your sourcecode? I needed some time
>> figuring out how to improve on the built-in editor which is very lame.
>

> Yes, that's curious: when starting the sourcecode editor automaticaly
> the WYSIWYG editor was started. At this time I try to understand all
> the features and made my first steps. Thefore it was not necessary to
> edit the sourcecode - until now! But sooner or later I 'l need it,
> too. If it is time for the sourcecodeeditor I'l ask you again  ;-)

For anyone who wonders (or will ;-): The sourcecode "editor" is just a
(admittedly oversized) textbox as can be regularly encountered on any
website with forms. That said, there is a Firefox extension called
"External Editor 0.4.2" that allows you to edit the content of any
textbox with any editor that can be started via commandline (use
UltraEdit, Med, Proton or Textpad). It's still ain't perfect because the
browser freezes while you edit but at least you have a decent coloring
and extensive search/replace functionality.

Regards,
Wolfgang