[opencms-dev] Question about XML-Content- Concept

MickyW funkycms at axidea.fr
Thu Jun 9 14:44:30 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wolfgang Winzer" <wwinzer at ka-dus.de>

> Forget about the html, the important parts are the <cms:contentXXX>-tags.
> The <cms:contentload ...> is really a loop tag, for each newsitem found,
> it will generate another <table>
> It took me SOME time to figure out, what to put in the cms:contentloads
> param attribute:
>
> The first number (7=xmlcontent) specifies the filetype the contentloader
> uses as filter. If you don't get any newsitems it might be that this
> number doesn't match the filetype you gave your newsfiles. I looked up
> that "7" in my opencms-vfs.xml where it says:
>  <type class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeXmlContent"
> name="xmlcontent" id="7"/>
>
> The second number is easy, just the maximum number of newsitems to
> display. Can be even omitted.
>
> You NEED to have a macrovalue like ${number} in the path, it is NOT
> sufficient to specify a folder with newsitems in it.

I'm using contentload without that and it works fine :)
I do it like this :

<cms:contentload collector="${property.collector}" param="/<path to
search>/|<the ID you defined for the content type>" editable="true">
and itloads recursively any file, whatever its name is, whose content type
matches with the ID specified.
of course it works only if you have define the new content type in
opencms-modules.xml as I described in my previous mail

mickael