[opencms-dev] File encoding issue with 5.0, Tomcat 5.5 on Windows 2003

Andreas andreas at urthona.de
Sat Jul 16 18:55:21 CEST 2005

I had this problem too, but at work, though I only remember the solution
a little blured :-). Some installations of Tomcat on Windows don't use
the   *.bat-files for config, instead it's using the registry.  I don't
know in which node excatly, you have to look. There are some numbered
options, I think the variable is parameter0, parameter1, parameter2 or
similiar. There you have to add a new registry-variable, whith the
counter incremented with one. The value is exact the same as in the
bat-file (-d ....). On my installation of Tomcat (I think it was 4.1.3)
on Windows XP Prof did this registry-add work and I get OpenCms 5 installed.
I hope I can give you an idea how to get on, if not I can look at work
on monday and can post the exact names of this registry-keys.
Regards Andreas