[opencms-dev] Using a cms-editor for my data

Daniel Kraft wam at spotlite.de
Mon Aug 15 16:50:40 CEST 2005

Hi!

For the data in my database I'd like to build a list-view in the workplace.
Each entry should have some buttons, e.g. "edit". The edit- and new-Button
should open a page where I can edit the contents.

Now I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I'd like to use those shiny
OpenCms-Editor elements from my workplace-jsps. I found the class CmsEditor
[1], but I don't know where to start. I also had a look at the
workplace-editors [2]. There, in editor_main.jsp they include the editor_uri,
which came from the CmsEditorSelector. That didn't work in my examples (I
guess I didn't send the right request-params?).

Could anyone please give me a short example or a doc how to use the OpenCms
Editors?

Daniel

[1] http://synyx.de/api/opencms6b3/index.html
[2] /system/workplace/editors/