[opencms-dev] HTTP Status 404 - The requested resource () is not available

Ivano Carrara - Studio 5 Liguria srl icarrara at studio5.it
Wed Sep 14 16:51:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm in trouble since 2 days about the fact that, after the correct 'ocsetup'
of the version 5.0.1, I get the error message 'HTTP Status 404 - The
requested resource () is not available' pointing the browser to
'http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/' or
'http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login'. The only url that
works is the ocsetup link 'http://localhost:8080/opencms/ocsetup' that reply
me that the setup is disabled.

The strange fatct is that about seven days ago I installed the same version
5.0.1 and used it without problems - then, for some reason, I uninstalled
it.  Now I tryed to install from scatch to three machines and I get the same
problem!!

My environment is: Ms Win32, J2sdk v1.4.2_09, Tomcat v5.0, MySql v4.1,
OpenCms v5.0.1 plus the mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin.jar and the
xerces-1_4_4.jar in the right positions.  All the JAVA_HOME, CATALINA_HOME
and CATALINA_OPTS are ok.

I'm starting with OpenCms v5 and not with the v6 because for the old version
there are a book and many modules and tutorials available. For a beginner
all above is fundamental, so I hope some expert man would help me.

Sincerely,
Ivano Carrara