[opencms-dev] Files disappearing from static export directory when publish button pressed

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Wed Oct 19 16:07:10 CEST 2005

Joe Desbonnet <jdesbonnet at gmail.com> writes:

> When the "Publish project" button is pressed on in the explorer view
> of a project, image files randomly disappear from the static export
> directory and consequently appear as broken images on the live site.

I have/had this problem with OpenCms 5.0.1.
When this happened there was a broken link to the image somewhere in the
HTML. A broken link does not mean that the image is broken in the
preview, but that the link is something like
"/opencms/opencms/path/to/img.png" in the control code instead of the
webapp folder being resolved dynamically.

This happened most of the time when somebody copied the source code of
one file from the "source view" to another file.

Regards,
Thomas