[opencms-dev] consistent user interface for OpenCms

Michael Moossen m.moossen at alkacon.com
Wed Nov 30 19:49:23 CET 2005

Hi, Joe and Kai!

> UI suggestion: when an icon or menu item is unavailable ("grayed
> out"), give an explanation as to why it is not available ("locked",
> "insufficient privilege", etc).
  Normally you get such a description on the left in the help box.

> > For example OpenCms uses 3 different "delete"-icons. Two different even in
> > one dialog (Account management --> User Management).
  Our approach is to 'try' that in such cases where the same functionally is
offered in the same list as 'SingleAction' and as 'MultiAction', is to use the
same icon in different colors.

Kai: when you say 'we', what do you really mean?

--
Regards
Michael Moossen

Alkacon Software GmbH - The OpenCms Experts
http://www.alkacon.com