[opencms-dev] How to deploy opencms.war with an existing database

Michael Kraus michael.kraus at mindmatics.de
Fri Jan 27 19:39:35 CET 2006

Dear all,

I'd like to deploy (a customized version of) opencms.war to our production system for the first time. We already set up the whole site on our test system, so my questions are the following:

(1) Is it possible to deploy opencms.war to the new server, and to copy the opencms database from the test system? I'd like to avoid copying the opencms.war from the test system and make manual changes to the config there, which are otherwise carried out automatically by our (customized) build.xml.

(2) How do I have to process after deployment? Do I need to run through the setup wizard? If yes, with which settings? Do I have to import all the modules again? If no, is it OK to disable it and to use opencms immediately?

Thank you very much for your help.

	Michael