[opencms-dev] Re: How to deploy opencms.war with an existing database

Thomas März thomas.maerz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 23:46:20 CET 2006

Michael Kraus <michael.kraus at mindmatics.de> writes:

> (2) How do I have to process after deployment? Do I need
> to run through the setup wizard? If yes, with which
> settings? Do I have to import all the modules again? If
> no, is it OK to disable it and to use opencms immediately?

Deploy your customized version of opencms.war, run the
setup and import all required modules. Then overwrite the
created database with the one from your test server.

*I'd* copy the webapp folder and the database to the
production server and adjust some settings, e. g.

    - Database connection in opencms.properties
    - Access rights to your folder

Of course this may differ, maybe you needn't change
anything.

Regards,
Thomas