[opencms-dev] Unit Testing on 6.2 Beta

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Mon Mar 6 18:35:57 CET 2006

Ivan,

please go ahead with working on PostgeSQL support for OpenCms. I would be
happy to include any fix for the final 6.2 release.

> 1. Should the package org.opencms.legacy.compatibility be
> tested? I saw
> a mail of "Antonio Core" of December 2004 where Aleksander
> told him to
> not test that package...

The org.opencms.legacy.compatibility package is not longer
recommended/required/supported for OpenCms 6 projects. It contains backward
compatibility code for certain discontinued OpenCms 5 features. However, as
PostgeSQL support was added for the OpenCms 6 release, legacy support for
PostgeSQL is really NOT required.

> 2. Till now I run  341/341 tests (from
> org.opencms.test.AllTests) and I
> have 9 failures... some of them are about testDecoreterBasics and
> testDecodeUmaluts (I have to check my encoding ).  Now I will
> investigate in this 9 failures, but on the Mysql platform are all the
> tests green? Or not? I don't wanna to spend time
> investigating in why I
> have a red test when, for example, that test should be red
> (In another
> project this was the case).

It depends on which CVS branch you are on. It should be build_6_1_8 (ie. 6.2
beta). All unit test run (green) on our machnies here. In case you find some
tests not working, please investigate. If you find that this really has
nothing to do with the Database, please let me know which tests are affected
anyway so that we can make them work on your platform.

Are you perhaps developing on a Linux based desktop? This may explain some
encoding issues...

Kind Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior