AW: [opencms-dev] "New" icon greyed out??

Jakob Lemler jakob.lemler at t-online.de
Fri Mar 24 21:47:52 CET 2006

hi,

probably you created several projects, but you did not assign any
resources or directories to it.
Then the screen looks like your screenshot. I try to point out the way
to create a new site in a very short way:

1. Create a module in the administration area e.g. "org.site1.www"
2. Create a directory for the site under /sites/" directory.
3. Copy the templates from another project to your module template
directory
4. Create a so called project and  assign the site-directory and the
module directory to it.
5. Add the new site to your opencms-system.xml file (in
"tomcat-home/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/config"), e.g.
<sites>
   <workplace-server>http://hostname:8080</workplace-server>
   <default-uri>/sites/chako/</default-uri>
   <site server="http://hostname:8080" uri="/sites/chako/"/>
   <site server="http://hostname:8081" uri="/sites/default/"/>
   <site server="http://hostname:8082" uri="/sites/site3/"/>
  </sites>

and then restart opencms or your web-container. After this step you will
find the Sites in the site-listbox.

When you now select a project which includes the selected site-directory
(=shown in the site Listbox), you should be able to create new
resources....
hope this helps.

Your "solution" with the offline project only works, because all
directories are assigned to the offline project by default.

bye
Jakob