[opencms-dev] Is the search module usable at all?

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Tue Apr 4 22:41:15 CEST 2006

On 04/04/2006, at 7:00 PM, Volker Goetz wrote:

> thanks for your reply.
>

> Am Dienstag, 4. April 2006 00:56 schrieb Nigel Kersten:
>
>> Search is definitely working for me in 6.2 beta. Here are some
>> snippets now in case they help.
>>
>> from opencms-search.xml
>
> The <index> and <indexsource> are identically (apart from 'cofa' being
> renamed by my own site name).
>
>> and my jsp element that does the searching looks like:
>
> I integrated this into my site and got a nice search form. But how
> do you
> do the actual search? Are there any issues with the page URIs beeing
> workplace-absolute instead of site-relative?

No, I'm not having that issue. How have you got your multiple sites
set up? I'm using ProxyPass with Apache2, and have the two sites
setup, so that I have "opencms.cofa.unsw.edu.au" as my workplace site
for /sites/default, and "new.cofa.unsw.edu.au" as my /sites/cofa site.

The search works whether I'm using the offline site via logging into
opencms.cofa or the online site using new.cofa

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.