[opencms-dev] OpeenCMS 6.2.1 with PostgreSQL-8.0

Martin Hoeller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Wed May 17 09:40:01 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 09:20 Ivan Codarin wrote:
> Dears,
> in the help tooltip on the database step of the setup processo of
> opencms there should be an explaination on how to put the correct
> templatedb...
> can you confirm me this? I haven't here a server to test this...

Yes, there is a tooltip. It says:

---8<-------- [snip] ------------
The Setup Connection is used only during this setup process.

The specified user must have database administration permissions in order to
create the database and tables. This user information is not stored after
the setup is finished. For Postgresql versions before 8.0 you can use
"template1"/"template0" databases. For Postgresql 8.0 and newer it is
better to use "postgres" database. If you discover problems accessing to
the templatedb tipcally a "templatedb is being accessed by other users" try
to restart your DBMS or change the templatedb you are accessing. Some tools
(i.e. PgAdmin3) are accessing to template1 by default, so turn off that
tools.
---8<-------- [snap] ------------

> If that message is not "so clear" please suggest me a better
> explaination... my english is very bad.

The first part is fine. I would slightly change the second part to something
like this:

If you discover problems accessing the templatedb (like "templatedb is being
accessed by other users"), try to restart your DBMS or change the
templatedb you are accessing. Some tools (e.g. PgAdmin3) are accessing
template1 by default, so turn off that tools.

- martin
--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  |
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9926483  |  Make it idiot proof and someone