[opencms-dev] howto customize OpenCMS GUI

Roberto Hervella MacĂ­a rhervella at ahorro.com
Wed Jul 12 12:23:36 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

I have implemented a new Lucene index to search contents in a folder of news. I know it is possible to search inside the Administrtion view, but I want to offer our users the possibility of searching contents in the news (in the Explorer view).
I don't know exactly which is the best solution to offer this functionality to our users. One possibility I'd thought of was the customization of OpenCMS GUI to add a search buttom for our users.

Has anybody done anything similar?
Is there any other better solution to get our goal?

Thanks in advance,

    Roberto