[opencms-dev] install opencms with eclipse

Martin Hoeller martin.hoeller at xss.co.at
Wed Jul 26 08:23:26 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 02:57 Christian Steinert wrote:
> Vikas Jain schrieb:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > I am installing opencms6.2.0 with eclipse3.1.
>
> How do you mean this?
>
> Eclipse is a Programming environment for producing code. Why would you
> run opencms inside of eclipse?

Eclipse is more. It's also an IDE which allows development and _debuging_ of
web applications. Therefore eclipse is able to start for example a tomcat
servlet container and run your web application inside this tomcat.

OpenCms is a web application and can thus be run inside eclipse. We're using
this setup for developing and debuging web applications that are managed by
OpenCms.

However, I never installed OpenCms directly in eclipse. I always did an
installation on a separate tomcat server and copied the resulting directory
structure to my eclipse project. But at least in theory a direct
installation in eclipse should/could work.

hth,
- martin
--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | As far as we know, our computer