[opencms-dev] View of Search Result in one line

Nacho Fernandez snatcho at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 17:01:14 CEST 2006

Hi Maria. I strongly recommend you to use an Development Enviroment such as
Eclipse or NetBeans to develop your code. For instance with Eclipse and the
WTP (Web Tools Project) installed you can write your jsps with code assist,
code completion and even suggestions for fixing errors. The you can paste
the developed code into OpenCMS.

Regarding your code, the line

>     CmsObject cmsObject = cmsJspActionElement.getCmsObject();

should be
 CmsObject cmsObject = CmsJspActionElement.getCmsObject();
in terms of spelling (all classes start with capitals).

I wonder which OpenCMS version you are using, or which javadocs version you
are reading, because the class CmsJspActionElement doesn't have a
getCmsObject() method anymore, nor there is a CmsWorkplaceAction class.

I recommend you use the online javadocs from OpenCMS to keep updated at:
http://www.opencms.org/export/javadoc/core/index.html
and if you are looking for methods that return "CmsObject" for instance,
locate the CmsObject and click in "Use" and then search for "methods that
return".

Hope this helps and sorry if I sounded a bit edgy (having a bad day).
Greetings,

Nacho.