[opencms-dev] Revoke an online resource?

Fabian Huschka fabian.huschka at componio.net
Fri Aug 11 19:58:16 CEST 2006

Hello List,

we have been working with OpenCms for a year or so - ever since we
wonder if it is possible to revoke a published online resource.

To give an expample:

- One has published a resource
- Resource becomes outdated, needs an overhaul and likewise shall not be
any longer accessible by the public

Currently we can only think of the following four solutions which all
tend to be pretty time consuming.

a) Make a hardcopy of the resource in question within the offline system
and delete the orginial one, publish and rename the hardcopy to the
original name
b) Set the "Availability" to a date in the past which has the downturn
that one may no longer utilize the direct edit feature on this resource
c) Change the file permissions to prevent the public from accessing the
published resource
d) Tinker with the database

Did I miss anything or is this just something no one ever thought of?

Best regards,

\Fabian

--
componio GmbH