[opencms-dev] How can I make a static expor without to delete the static export folders?

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Sep 6 00:20:59 CEST 2006

ANDRES SAYAGO schrieb:
> Hallo.
>
> I have a problem. When I make a static export in OpenCMS 6.2.1 (static
> export option, Administration view), the system delete the export
> folder when it starts the process. But the process take 10 minuts and
> I dont' have the site on line while the process finish.
>
> How can I make a static export withou to delete the static export folders?
If you just publish your files from the opencms explorer with static
export being enabled then afaik the files will not be deleted. For this
to work you have to set up publishing with
CmsAfterPublishStaticExportHandler. This is describet in detail under
http://lists.opencms.org/ppermail/opencms-dev/2005q4/021164.html

Of course the publishing will still take lots of time, but the existing
files should stay there until they are over-written.

hth
christian