[opencms-dev] Problem with symbolic links ...

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Wed Sep 6 16:17:30 CEST 2006

Martin -

You could approach this a different way (if I understand you correctly) and
avoid the need for siblings.

If you are in control of the generation of navigational links, then can't
you simply cause links to the same content to be writtin in two different
contexts, e.g. the student's and the professor's?  Those links will then
take the user to the URL of the content, but that isn't misleading since
it's the content they'll then be seeing.  The way you cause links to be
generated can be arbitrarily complex - e.g. depending on the setting of a
property.

On the other hand, if you need to render the same content differently for
two audiences, then I guess you are looking at a sibling solution or at
using an 'audience=' URL parameter.

Jon

  _____