[opencms-dev] Problem with symbolic links ...

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Sep 6 00:35:43 CEST 2006

Martin Rioux schrieb:
> Hi everyone
>
> We have the following structure
>
> /content/siteA/...
>
> and we want to give access in different section of a web site with a
> symbolic link
>
> /admin/primary/siteA/...
>
> /employee/secondary/siteA/...
>
> where siteA is a symbolic link to /content/siteA. Everything is fine
> except for one thing. Suppose we have a page
> (/admin/primary/siteA/test.html) and that page contain a link to
> /admin/primary/siteA/anotherTest.html.  When we acces the test.html
> the link is  /content/siteA/anotherTest.html and not
> /admin/primary/siteA/test.html.
>
> Anybody has this problem or a solution for that problem. ? Is there
> any way to have relative links in the content of  opencms pages ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin
Can you write again how exactly your pages are linked and where they reside?
The names that you write about seem to be incomplete and it seems to be
a bit complicated.

Do you have two siblings with common content and these siblings point to
a resource but only relatively?
What exactly do you want to achieve? How are your links stored? inside
of some HTML field or as structured information.

christian