[opencms-dev] System Requirements for OpenCms

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 11:19:42 CEST 2006

256MB will be a very tight squeeze. It will work no doubt - but will
have a significant impact on performance as a lot of memory paging
will take place (memory being swapped to and from the hard disk).

I would strongly recommend a minimum of 512MB. I'm on a hosting plan
which offers a dedicated Pentium 4, 3GHz, 512MB RAM and 60GB disk for
EUR 85 (US$100?) /month.  I think that's about the going rate at many
places.

If you can fit several customers on the same instance of OpenCms it
should (?) be affordable.

Joe.