[opencms-dev] Ftpd module: my usage and proposed improvements

Alessandro Magnolo alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 11:40:08 CEST 2006

Hi Ruben (developer of ftpd module),

I hadn't had a chance to thank you for the module yet, so I thought
that my previous reply was a good opportunity to do it. :)

I use your module in conjunction with an ftp client that constantly
monitor the currently open file for changes, and uploads it
automatically when it detects a change. This way I can edit jsp pages
much quicker and in my favourite editor, while instantaneously see
them in action.

I find that the native "synchronization" feature of opencms is
cumbersome and unreliable.

Lastly, I think that a webdav module would be even more practical. I
don't know the webdav protocol details, but if it made it possible to
open more than one file at once (and monitor the changes for automatic
upload), that would be perfect. :)

Best regards,
Alessandro Magnolo

p.s.: I was sending this privately to Ruben, but I think the
discussion could prove useful in the list