[opencms-dev] Problem with Update to 6.2.2

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Sat Oct 14 22:00:27 CEST 2006

Marc Schlegel schrieb:
> Ok...I found my problem. The update was not under
> /Host/opencms/update/ because I installed it as ROOT so it was under
> /Host/update/.
> But unfortunately the update didn't work and the only modules I could
> choose for update had been documentation.
>
> I decided now that it might be better to set up OpenCMS 6.2.2
> completely new but I need to know how I can import my old database
> (inkluding all pictures and so on) to the new system. I tried it a
> little bit but the backup from the database seemed to be to small with
> 4MB.
>
> Can anybody give me a HOWTO for migration.
> Thx

If you want to do a fresh install and just re-import your existing
content into the new system, then this is possible.
Just install the new opencms version into a new web application folder
and a new database.

After it is installed you can use the export function of the Database
Tools in the Admin view to export your content from the old system into
a zip file.
This content can then be imported into your new system by using the
import function of the database tools.

Modules can be exported from the module management of the old server'
Admin view and then re-imported into the new server.

hth a bit
christian