[opencms-dev] Date format (day,month,year)

Jonathan Woods jonathan.woods at scintillance.com
Wed Oct 25 14:29:14 CEST 2006

OpenCms gets much of its behavioural cues from property files searched for
in various locations.  They're customarily called 'workplace.properties',
and properties are searched for by looking for such files in various
locations via the usual Java property/classpath search mechanism.  If you
put a file called workplace.properties in your module classpath, then
properties you set there override properties set elsewhere.  I believe you
must also refer to this file in the XSD schema too, in the <xsd:annotation>
node thus:

	<xsd:annotation>
		<xsd:appinfo>
			<resourcebundle name="packagename.workplace"/>
			<!-- .... the rest of your xsd -->

where 'packagename' is the Java package in which you've situated the
workplace.properties file.  I hope this makes sense - I think it's all a bit
of a mess, really.

To override the date format used in the structured XML content editor, use
this property setting:

GUI_CALENDAR_DATE_FORMAT_0 = %d/%m/%Y

I forget which world the format specifiers come from, but maybe you can
trace things back in OpenCms source code.

The other problem re date formatting, and one I haven't yet solved, is the
format in which dates are shown in the Workplace Explorer.

Jon