[opencms-dev] Creating A new site

Gaith Bader gaithb at cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri Oct 27 01:59:38 CEST 2006

Hi David,

Now, I have to say it is a workout indeed to make the site to work
the way you want it.

By default, if you do a standard installation of OpenCms you will end
up with two 'opencms'  i.e http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/

To get around this you will need to do several things; you can use
mod_proxy via apache to lose one of them  and you can install opencms
as the ROOT folder in tomcat.  This method you can find it in OpenCms
documentation, just do a search in google or look into your installed
copy for documentation. This, I tried and works just fine. (this is a
url of someone's apache config Howto using mod_proxy if you can't
find it or don't have an opencms installation up and running http://
195.14.236.181/opencms/opencms/alkacon-documentation/
howto_apache_httpd/mod_proxy.html)

The other method you can use and you would not need to install
opencms as ROOT in tomcat you can find at this url http://opencms-
forum.de/opencms-forum/viewthread?thread=1990
however, I have not used it and do not know if it actually works or not.

Hope this info is helpful.

Cheers
____
Gaith Bader
Computer Systems Officer
School of Computer Science and Engineering
The University of New South Wales