[opencms-dev] Creating A new site

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Fri Oct 27 18:25:15 CEST 2006

Thanks for the link. I am sure that this will be helpful.

I suspect that the biggest problem getting started with OpenCMS is
learning the vocabulary and underlying philosophy.

The OpenCMS Gui is very neat but I have not found a document where the
structure is explained. Creating a new site seems inordinately obscure.
Perhaps it may be simply because we do not understand the way that we
are expected to proceed and the end result that we are expected to attain.
I am pretty familiar with mod_proxy so perhaps I should look at that as
the "normal" way to get around the  visual awkwardness of /opencms/opencms.

We are most familiar with Eclipse as an IDE and use it extensively for
every type of software and document development from RIAs to marketing
brochures. We have not tried Netbeans and I am not sure that we have the
brain space left for 1 more IDE.