[opencms-dev] The Ubuntu Opensource Templatre project for OpenCms Templates

nickm at absa.co.za nickm at absa.co.za
Thu Nov 9 07:22:52 CET 2006

We have just uploaded our 31st version of our module
Which is a major upgrade on our previous versions

We are using Industry Standards (MVC)
======================================
In this module we encapsulate the MVC (Model view Controller) Design
Pattern
Where we have a distinct separation between what we call the (PDT) Page
Delivery Template and the (MT) Model and (CT) Controller templates

The Ubuntu Framework
====================
Provide you with a reusable framework for creating new templates using
our framework
Our PD Templates are much simplified and are very easy to re-harvest
into new templates

There are 6 Sample sites included
=================================
We have also added 6 sample site templates to our module that are
complete with images and style sheets showing how easy it is to create
new templates by re-harvesting the PDT's and the MT's

Our templates are ideal for Intranets
=====================================
We have incorporated our experience in developing templates for
Intranets where bandwidth has to be conserved
and very fast performance in mandatory here we have perfected the Style
sheet button effect to give the effect you would get using many images
delivered as code not as bitmaps

Our unique design delivers very light and very fast templates with a
very nice looking page

Our basic PDT's provide the following types of pages :
1 Standard page with banners and two breadcrumb navigators one
Hierarchical on top the other "Same Folder links" breadcrumb and a
Button Menu
2 A  page with banners and two breadcrumb navigators one Hierarchical on
top the other "Same Folder links" breadcrumb without the Menu
3 News type pages with a small height and a scroller
4 Pages that IFRAME other pages as its content
5 A blank page for providing content to be IFRAMED by other pages

It is very easy to incorporate the Ubuntu templates to your site
And to add your own templates to this framework

Download the module here:
http://www.ptaisp.co.za/ubuntu/download/

Important Notice:
Authorised Financial Services Provider

Important restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers
("the Disclaimer") apply to this email. To read this click on the
following address or copy into your Internet browser:

http://www.absa.co.za/disclaimer

The Disclaimer forms part of the content of this email in terms of
section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions
Act, 25 of 2002.

If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail
to disclaimer at absa.co.za and we will send you a copy of the
Disclaimer.