[opencms-dev] FlexCache

Patricio Echague patricioe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 16:17:04 CET 2006

Hello, we are having some problems with events  by the time we are
publishing content in the staging environment respect our two front servers.
Our configuration is the following:  FRONT1_ONLINE <-------- STAGING_OFFLINE
------> FRONT2_ONLINE

We always add content in OFFLINE mode and the publishing events are sent to
both front server. In this time, when we had cache on, some articles got
lost. then we had to republish all files. Anyone had a similar problem with
cache??

thanks in advance
Patricio

On 11/23/06, bart vandendriessche <bart at nascom.be> wrote:

> Every content item you create in opencms has a 'cache' property that you
> can configure. The settings that are most usefull are the following:
> element: you'll use this on pages that dynamically include other pages /
> elements.
> params=(paramA,paramB): this is usefull for pages that take different
> parameters, like paginated lists.
> uri: means a version will be cached for every uri that this page is
> requested with
> locale: means a version will be cached for every locale that this page
> is requested in
>
> You can specify multiple settings by separating them with a semi-colon
> like this:
> element;params=(paramA, paramB);uri
>
> Also keep in mind that by default, your offline project will not be
> cached.
>
> Dan Guite wrote:
> > I'm trying to figure out why OpenCMS is making so many database
> > requests.  My DBA tells me that it is making quite a few db
> > connections and is asking me to trim it down.  Is there any way to
> > tell OpenCMS to cache more objects, or serve cached objects more
> > often?  I can't find a decent explanation of how to set pages to
> > cache, etc.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated, even a point to a page that can walk me
> > through this kind of thing.  So far the sites I've been to just say
> > the same crap straight out of the Managing and Customizing OpenCMS book.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > -Dan

Patricio.-