[opencms-dev] difference between publishing "/" and publishing "/sites/default"????

Hans-Christoph Wirth hcw at gmx.de
Fri Jan 5 19:40:11 CET 2007

Mick Knutson wrote:
> I published "/" and everything stopped working. Then I re-published
> "/sites/default" and everything was fine again.
> What is the difference?

It suffices even to go in the adminstration window to "/" (in the
offline project, without publishing).  If I then issue browser requests
from a separate browser window, nothing is found.  If the admin window
is switched back to "/sites/default" (or whatever site I am working on),
then everything is back to work.