[opencms-dev] Null Pointer

Jaisy Ann Cheriyan Jaisy_Cheriyan at infosys.com
Wed Jan 10 05:56:40 CET 2007

Dear

 I am trying to access OpenCMS and this is the code :-

import org.opencms.file.CmsObject;

import org.opencms.main.OpenCms;

import org.opencms.db.CmsDefaultUsers;

import javax.servlet.*;

import org.apache.commons.logging.*;

import org.apache.log4j.helpers.*;

import org.apache.oro.text.perl.*;

import org.apache.commons.collections.map.LRUMap;

public class FetchData {

            public static void main(String[] args){

                        try{

                        String loggedUser;

                        CmsDefaultUsers defUser = new CmsDefaultUsers();

                        CmsObject cmsObj =
OpenCms.initCmsObject(OpenCms.getDefaultUsers().getUserExport());

                        //loggedUser = cmsObj.loginUser("Admin",
"adminuser");

                        //System.out.println("Login Successful for " +
loggedUser);

                        //CmsFile fetchFile = new CmsFile(CmsResource
resource)

                        //byteContents = fetchFile.getContents();

                        }

                        catch(Exception exp){

                                    System.out.println("Exception!!" +
exp);

                        }

            }

}

And there is an exception thrown at CmsObject cmsObj =
OpenCms.initCmsObject(OpenCms.getDefaultUsers().getUserExport());

 With warnings :

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.opencms.init).

I have commented the rest of the lines . Could you please tell me if I
am right and what corrections need to be done?

Why is there a Null Pointer Exception?

Please help!!!!!!

Regards

Jaisy