[opencms-dev] problem with umlauts with OpenCMS 6

Fabian Huschka fabian.huschka at componio.net
Thu Feb 22 17:19:56 CET 2007

Hello,

it seems that encoding gets messed up. It will help if you can provide
the release versions for OpenCms, the database and the servlet container
(e.g. Tomcat).

At a first glance I asume one of the following reasons apply:

- Did you upgrade your MySQL database lately (e.g. 4.0.x to 4.1.x or 5.x)?
- Have you included the following meta-tag in the HEAD section of your
HTML-code?

- Incompatible version of the MySQL-JDBC driver (look at /WEB-INF/lib)
- Within /WEB-INF/config/opencms.properties you may want to add:

# optional parameters for the URL of the JDBC driver
db.pool.default.jdbcUrl.params=?characterEncoding\=UTF-8

- Is the default encoding set right (/WEB-INF/config/opencms-system.xml)?

It shall read <defaultcontentencoding>UTF-8</defaultcontentencoding>

Regards,

\Fabian