[opencms-dev] Newbie-ish question on xmlcontentdemo/side_element_demo.html

Andrew Myers amyers.work at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 18 05:05:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up a site using OpenCms.

The steps I have taken so far are to create a new site as described in
the Wiki at
http://opencms-wiki.org/MultiSite_configuration_instructions_%28apache_mod_jk%29

I have also created a module for the site which contains the site template.

One feature I wanted to add is a list of news items down the right hand
side of the page, similar to in the "side_element_demo.html" which is
installed with the examples at
http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/xmlcontentdemo/side_element_demo.html

However I have since realised this isn't as simple as I had hoped.  Is
this functionality only available if the site used templateone as a
starting point, or can it be added in to my existing site (and if so,
how?).  Any advice would be very welcome.

Many thanks,
Andrew.