[opencms-dev] OpenCms 7.0.3 permission problem

Celio Faria Jr celiofariajr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 20:01:48 CET 2007

Hi all,

we are using OpenCms 7.0.3, JDK 1.5, MySQL 5, Tomcat 5.5.23 on a Suse 10
machine. OpenCms installation was successfull, but now we are facing a
problem similar to the one discussed
here<http://www.nabble.com/OpenCMS-authorization-trouble-tf3685626.html#a10302046>.

Conversely, OpenCms does not let us modify any file at the Workplace (they
appear grayed), even if logged as Admin. The difference is that we did not
make any configurations that should resemble the one that solved the problem
of that thread (https:// at opencms-system.xml).

The installation user is the same one that runs Tomcat, and the directories
permissions are ok. The Admin user is also not a member of Guests.

Has anyone experienced this?

TIA,