[opencms-dev] disable user's login lock

Pavel Peringer pavel.peringer at qbizm.cz
Wed Dec 5 10:35:04 CET 2007

Hello

On your server file system [your
application]/WEB-INF/config/opencms-system.xml look for this part:

        <loginmanager>
            <disableMinutes>15</disableMinutes>
            <maxBadAttempts>3</maxBadAttempts>
        </loginmanager>

Try to change minutes to value "0", this should disable login timeout
for next try to login.
For futher information look at OpenCms API and search
org.opencms.db.CmsLoginManager

HTH

Pavel Peringer

andrea napsal(a):

>Hi all,
>
>there is a way to disable the control on invalid login attempts when a user
>mistakes his login? I wan't that Opencms disables users if they makes errors
>when inserts their login credentials.
>
>--> org.opencms.security.CmsAuthentificationException: Failed login of user ...
>from IP ... The user has been disabled until Dec 4, 2007 6:11:19 PM because of
>3 invalid login attempts.
>
>Thanks a lot,
>
>Andrea

Bc. Pavel Peringer                          Qbizm technologies, a.s.
Developer                                   ... the art of software.