[opencms-dev] Open 7.0.3 setup install hanging on agree to terms step

Seth Gottlieb sggottlieb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 22:04:28 CET 2008

Hello OpenCms'ers

I am trying to install OpenCms 7.0.3 on my laptop (Mac OSX Leopard,
Tomcat 5, Java 1.5.0_13, MySQL 5).  For some reason, the application
seems to hang after I accept the terms and click continue.  The only
clue that I was able to find is that there were a bunch of entries in
catalina.out saying "log4j:ERROR Error occured while converting date."
 Then I get a big Java error:

Shutting down OpenCms, version 7.0.3 in web application "null"
Shutdown completed, total uptime was 00:14:18.

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: opencms_init.log (Permission denied)

I am running Tomcat as root (sudo).

I don't know where OpenCms is trying to put this file.  I tried to fix
by doing a chmod -R a+w on the tomcat directory but that did no seem
to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Seth