[opencms-dev] OpenCms 7.0.3: Multi language with multi sites

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Mon Feb 25 18:43:18 CET 2008

Hi list,

I wonder if anybody ever tried if it is possible to realise a multi
language website with the sites feature of OpenCms.
What I mean is:

Let's say I have two languages "english" and "german".

I know that the best way to get a multi language website is to create a
folder (sibling) for each language (Or is there a new "best way" I don't
know of?).

So I would have "en" and "de" as root folders for those two languages.

Instead of creating the two folders within "sites/default" I would
rather create the two folders "sites/de" and "sites/en" as siblings.
In my opencms-system.xml I could now configure
- <site server="http://www.mysite.com" uri="/sites/en/"/> for english
and
-  <site server="http://www.mysite.de" uri="/sites/de/"/> for german

Did anybody ever do this and were there any side effects?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Kai