[opencms-dev] Incomplete static export jobs

John Weible jweible at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 16 22:30:39 CEST 2008

We recently started having a serious problem with our static exports.
When we run a full static export (either by scheduled job or directly in
the administrator tools), the whole process appears to work correctly
according to the logs, and no error or warning is logged, but it doesn't
rotate the directories in RFS like it's supposed to.

In the RFS in our opencms directory, this is what appears to be happening:

1) While exporting, content goes to the "temp" directory [Correct &
expected behavior],
2) The old "backup2" directory gets removed  [Correct & expected behavior],
3) The old "backup1" directory gets renamed to "backup2"  [Correct &
expected],
4) The newly-exported files ("temp" directory) seem to get renamed to
"backup1" [WRONG behavior]
5) The "export" directory is left unchanged. [WRONG behavior]

Our permissions in the file system look correct, we have plenty of free
space, and we have not recently changed anything in our
opencms-importexport.xml file.

If anybody has any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks!

- John Weible