[opencms-dev] OpenCms 7.0.4 Installation error

Brad Clemmons Jr brad.clemmons at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 20:34:25 CEST 2008

I haven't seen it on my old version or the newer 7.0.4 I just got running
this week.  Any chance it could be a permissions thing?  Does the user your
running the setup as have permissions to generate/modify all the files it
needs to do.  Does your opencms user have privileges to access the db?
Also, are you doing any funny rewrite stuff like via apache with mod_proxy?
  <--That's what bit me in the butt on my last install.

-brad

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Glenn Britton <britton at noc.utoronto.ca>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to install OpenCms in the following environment:
>
>  Solaris 10
>  JDK 1.6.0_06
>  Tomcat 5.5.23
>  Mysql  5.0.51a
>  OpenCms 7.0.4
>
> I can startup the Setup-Wizard and it runs for
> over an hour (its an old machine), tells me that
> the setup is finished, but when I hit the "Continue"
> button, an Error is generated telling me to
> run the setup wizard again?
>
> The log messages from the setup wizard look like this:
>
> Finished. Please check the output to see if the modules have been
> imported without errors.
>
> 17296:
> 17295:  Shutdown completed, total uptime was 01:21:03.
> 17294:  Shutting down OpenCms, version 7.0.4 in web application "opencms"
> 17293:
> 17292:
> 17291:  The OpenCms system used for the setup will now shut down.
> 17290:  The setup is finished!
> 17289:
> 17288:
> 17287:  Admin at Offline>exit
> 17286:  Admin at Offline>
> 17285:  ------ ... the module has been imported
> 17284:  ------ ... the project has been published
> 17283:  ------ ... finished writing the export points
> 17282:  Writing export point
>
> The error looks like this:
> The Alkacon OpenCms setup wizard has not been started correctly!
> Please click here to restart the wizard.
>

> I'm not sure what I'm missing.  Anyone else run into this error
> or know how to get around it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Glenn Britton
> University of Toronto
> Computing and Networking Services
> 255 Huron Street, Toronto, ON, CANADA M5S 3J1
> britton at noc.utoronto.ca

I am the guardian standing at the gates and evil shall not pass, it will not
cast it shadow on me and mine, and I will not fear it.
"Maj.Haywood:There is a war on. How is it you are heading west?
Hawkeye: Well, we face to the north and, real sudden like, turn left." -
Last of the Mohicans