[opencms-dev] Organising multilingual sites in OpenCms

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Tue Jun 17 12:08:53 CEST 2008

If you use the typical language dependent folder organisation (i.e.
/en_US/... /en_UK/ and so forth, and use siblings, then your content is
separate as much as you want it to be (it is still possible to have
shared pages which are shown on all the English variants in case the
contents happens to be the same for all variants).

You can then use Apache to do permanent rewrites to the correct domains
(assuming you need different domains) so that the search engines do not
get confused.

Martin Wunderlich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering, if anyone on this list has experience with organising a multilingual website in OpenCms. We have 12 languages at present and the list is growing. My question however relates to the four English pages that we currently maintain (US, UK, EU and Apac). The content is nearly identical, with some changing information such as pricing and contact details. For the search engine optimisation, though, we would like to keep the structure of the four different English sites. Is anyone doing something similar in OpenCms? What would be the best practice for maintaining this setup efficiently?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Martin

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46