[opencms-dev] publishing and synchronizing in one go

Chirouze Olivier olivier.chirouze at volvo.com
Fri Sep 19 09:47:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have exactly what you want :-)

I built my own module that does:
- export the template files (they need to be "compiled" into plain html)
- synchronize the other files (pure html, images, etc)

In other words, everytime you publish a file, it is synchronized with
the RFS as a standard html file.

You could modify it to synchronize with multiple RFS, or do as we do,
that is, run an external script doing a rsync from the "main" RFS.

I also added an option so that when site XXXX is published, file
XXX.ready is written. Then only sites that are ready will be "rsynced".

I will send you the module zip file as a separate email so the mailing
list doesn't get spammed. I suppose I will have to find a more proper
way to share the module...

Olivier