[opencms-dev] workplace problem

Carl-Erik Herheim carl-erik.herheim at nsd.uib.no
Thu Oct 16 10:05:15 CEST 2008

Hi,
we're having a problem with a new OpenCms installation. The workplace
has trouble finding the files in /system/workplace/
For example, if I try to edit a file's permissions, and click the user
icon to view the list of users, I get the following error:

org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Error reading resource from path "/cms/system/workplace/commons/principal_selection.jsp".
	at org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException.createException(CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException.java:78)
	at org.opencms.db.CmsDbContext.throwException(CmsDbContext.java:238)
 (...)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Unable to read resource "/cms/system/workplace/commons/principal_selection.jsp".
	at org.opencms.db.generic.CmsVfsDriver.readResource(CmsVfsDriver.java:1983)
	at org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.readResource(CmsDriverManager.java:6542)
	at org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.readResource(CmsSecurityManager.java:5850)
	at org.opencms.db.CmsSecurityManager.readResource(CmsSecurityManager.java:4035)
	... 22 more

Also, the left folder-tree doesn't expand when I click the + .

I've looked through the config files but as far as I can tell there's
nothing wrong there. We're running OpenCms 7.0.5. on Tomcat 5.5.27

Any clues to how this can be solved would be much appreciated...

Best regards,
Carl-Erik Herheim