[opencms-dev] Merge new database into existing on

Jaleel, Jehan jjaleel at harryfox.com
Sun Oct 26 12:41:21 CET 2008

Hi Philip,
           Thanks again for taking the time to reply. So basically you are saying that I should save the data from the old database somewhere, then do the installation of opencms and then put that saved data in the new database. The only thing is that I am on a SQL server database and not mySQL. There must be a way to do what you are suggesting with this database also right? I guess I have to look in the SQL server help. I know Oracle had some tools to extract all the data in a table into a script with INSERT statements, I hope SQL server has something similar.

Thanks again,
Jehan