[opencms-dev] Customizing Administrative Point Privileges

Chuck Mysak chuck.mysak at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 07:53:32 CET 2008

Hello,
I have a little problem regarding the extension of the Administrative view.

How can you restrict access (meaning not showing it at all) to certain
Administrative Points for certain roles or groups?

I've tried to change the resource permissions to the folder inside the
Workplace/Admin tree and didn't work. Also I tried to change the permissions
for the actual module but still no desired result. Digging into the
opencms-modules.xml I found permissions sets for <explorertypes> and I
figured there should be something like admintypes?!

If there's somebody who tried this before and succeeded, please reply.

Thank you!

Chuck