[opencms-dev] write permissions only for resources contained in a folder (not the folder itself)

davidino damatra at libero.it
Mon Dec 15 19:18:13 CET 2008

I've not found the solution... but something very close to what I want  :)

To allow a user (belonging to Users group) to write a file in a folder and
not allow him/her to rename or delete  or move the folder itself is
sufficient create a jsp file inside this folder: in this way when the user
attempts to rename the folder opencms will complain saying that the user
doesn't have the write permission on the jsp file. The same is for delete,
move operation.

So only the Administrators can rename/move/delete this folder.

The only drawback is that a normal user can copy this folder with the inner
jsp. Howerver, when he/she tries to remove the copied folder opencms will
complain because there's jsp inside it.... that cannot be removed...

HTH