[opencms-dev] Redirect Secured Page Requests To Login page

Brett Sheeran brett.sheeran at gmail.com
Mon May 25 04:15:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

Can someone tell me how I might redirect requests to "Denied" pages
please? Details as follows.

I have "Denied" all permissions for Guest (and some other web) users
to a handful of pages. Depending on the browser, a Guest user
requesting these "denied" pages currently sees either an error page or
a popup requesting username and password.

What I would like to do now is redirect any requests for those of
"access denied" pages to login pages. The login page might be
different for different landing pages.

I would be happy to place a redirect in the "access denied" landing
page and set the login page URL in the page template. However OpenCMS
security blocks the "access denied" page, so that idea is not an
option. Can anyone suggest a solution or point me to examples please?

Incidentally, the users of these pages are web users not workplace users.

Thank you.

Regards Brett S
New Media Innovation
www.nminnovation.com